Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

morton's iodized salt


LOTS OF RAVES OF ADDING A TEASPOON OF THIS TO ABOUT 8-10 OZS OF CONDITIONER ONCE A MONTH, THE RESULTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SMOOTH SHINEY MOISTURIZED HAIR... I TRIED IT WHEN THE CRAZE FIRST BEGAN BUT IT WAS ONLY A HANDFUL OF LTR IN THE SHOWER WITH A PINCH OF SALT ONLY ON THE ENDS OF MY HAIR, AND IT WAS REALLY SLIPPERY... WE SHALL SEE HOW MY WHOLE HEAD ACTS... I'LL ADD THE SALT TO MY AUSSIE, APPLY TO DRY HAIR AND LEAVE ON UNDER A PLASTIC CAP FOR AN HOUR, AND THEN MAYBE UNDER THE DRYER FOR 10 MORE MINUTES... WISH ME LUCK!! I WILL REPORT BACK WITH RESULTS SOON
OK LADIES... I TRIED IT AND IT DIDNT WORK FOR ME!! MY HAIR WAS HEAVY AS ALL GET OUT THOUGH (WHICH I LIKED).. I ADDED A TEASPOON TO ALOT OF CONDITIONER. MY AUSSIE GOT REALLY REALLY THICK!!! WHICH I THOUGHT WOULD BE A GOOD THING... I USED IT WITH HEAT COVERED IN A PLASTIC BAGGY FOR ABOUT AN HOUR...IT DIDNT CAUSE ANY HARM TO MY HAIR (THANK GOD) BUT I THINK IT STRIPPED MY SLIP! AND IT WASNT HARD TO DETANGLE BUT MY HAIR FELT A LOT ROUGHER THAN USUAL. IT WAS WEIRD. IF I TRY IT AGAIN IT WILL BE WITH HERBAL ESSENCES LTR IN A COWASH LIKE LAST TIME... AFTER THIS DEBATICLE WITH SALT I CO-WASHED THE NEXT MORNING WITH AUSSIE AND ROLLERSET MY HAIR (PICS ON THE WAY).. TIS ALL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been following your blog and you are my inspiration. Thanks for starting this.

I'm currently transitioning and haven't had a perm since the second week in June. I'm rocking braids right now but I can't wait to take them out. My question is...how did you wear your hair when you first began transitioning? Also do you use Boundless Tresses? And if so, how did it work for you?

Thanks in advance,
Lacey

Hairlicious Inc. said...

Wow, can't wait to hear the results. From my understanding, theres Sodium Chloride (salt) in HE LTR conditioner, I guess thats why ppl love it so much, it does make your hair soft.

Regina said...

How did your hair come out after using the salt? BTW, how did you style your hair in that photo? Cute.

Care Lessons said...

@simplyme: well first off THANKS SO MUCH i never thought i would be someones inspiration! im very humbled! when i 1st started my transition i wore rollersets and then i would alternated between a single french braid (with the end secured with an elastic band) and a bun. yes I used BT at the beginning of my journey and i do believe it helped improve my thickness.. not so sure anymore about actual growth...

@sunshyne: yeah i'll stick to salt with the LTR from now on and only for co-washes.

Regina said...

Thanks. How many inches in growth are you averaging monthly?

Care Lessons said...

@ regina: im not sure which style ur talking about? is it the avi? i dont remember.. and as far as inches per month i have no idea, ive never measured.. sorry!