Saturday, January 31, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
- GVP CONDITIONING BALM (MATRIX BIOLAGE CONDITIONING BALM) MOISTURE DC
- ROUX MENDEX HAIR REPAIR TREATMENT PROTIEN TREATMENT
- ROSEMARY TEA, ALOE VERA JUICE MOISTURE LEAVE IN
- AUSSIE MOIST CONDITIONER DETANGLER, STYLER, CREAMY LEAVE IN
- GVP SILK REMEDY (CHI SILK INFUSION) HEAT PROTECTANT
- AVC RINSES POROSITY CONTROL
- COCONUT OIL
IM STILL MAKING EVERY EFFORT TO KEEP THINGS SIMPLE AND MY ARSENAL QUANTITY LOW...
CHI 44 IRON GUARD:
i LIKE THAT THIS IS WATER BASED... NOT SURE ABOUT THAT ALCOHOL THOUGH.. SKIN DEEP HAD THIS TO SAY ABOUT IT...
Water(Aqua), Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Parfum (Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ceramic
USAGE TIPS: For hair dryers, spray evenly over damp hair, comb through and then dry to desired style. For flat irons or curling irons, lift dry hair in sections, spray on hair, then straighten or curl as desired.
Section hair and spray GVP Thermal Protecting Spray evenly over dry hair. Use your heat styling tool from roots to ends
CHI SILK INFUSION
THIS ONE IS ALCOHOL FREE... I THINK THIS IS THE ONE IM GONNA GO WITH
INGREDIENTS: Cyclomethicone , Dimethiconol , Dimethicone , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Panthenol , Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk , Phenoxyethanol , Fragrance , D&C Yellow 11 , D&C Red 17 , Zinc Oxide , Titanium Dioxide , Mica , Boron Nitride Powder
USAGE TIPS: Apply to damp hair before thermal styling to provide heat protection.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
WANT TO KNOW IF YOUR HAIR IS POROUS? CLICK HERE
BACK OF THE BOTTLE:
Helps mend split ends and signs of damage
Helps prevent hair from breaking
Adds new vibrancy and shine to dry, brittle hair
Rehydrates to give damaged hair new vitality
Self-adjusting formula never over-softens
Mendex is specially formulated to help repair damaged hair. A targeted hair repair treatment that helps mend damage as it adds protective moisture and helps prevent further injury to hair. Mendex gives beautiful shine, adding new vitality to dry, brittle hair.
PRICE: 1.6 OZ 99 CENTS (THEY HAVE LARGER SIZES)
Friday, January 23, 2009
2 = WAVEY
YOU NOTICE HOW THE NUMBERS CORRESPOND WITH THE DESCRIPTION? LIKE THE NUMBER 1 IS STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN AND THATS HOW STRAIGHT HAIR LOOKS... AND THEN THE NUMBER 3 IS REALLY CURVEY AND SO IS CURLY HAIR.. WEIRD HUH?
What are other uses of Bentonite Clay?
Bentonite can also be used externally, to treat skin problems and for detox baths. Some people have used Bentonite Clay to treat skin rashes with a lot of success. If you have skin eruptions such as acne, you should try applying Bentonite Clay on your skin, as it does a tremendous job of extracting/removing all the toxic matter buried inside your skin.
Bentonite can also be used in a detox bath, where we apply the Bentonite Clay around our body. It helps releases toxins out of our body, and it is a great routine to practice during colon cleansing. SOURCE
CLICK HERE FOR EMPRESSRI'S BENTONITE TUTORIAL
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua) Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Glycol Stearate Ceteth-2 Mineral Oil PEG-8 Distearate Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Triamine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Cationic Triamine Complex), Sodium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Thursday, January 8, 2009
• Months 1-6 listen to your hair! Keep your demarcation line moist as all get out, throw some protien in (mild) often to keep it strong. Don't be afraid of protien it's not bad, just find what works for YOUR hair. Dust when you see splits and such. Keep your scalp clean. Try not combing as often and see how that works. Moisturize and seal twice a day. If you're at shoulder length try to keep your hair up and off harsh fabrics (cotton, wool).
• Months 7-12 if you're like me, by this point your relaxed hair is fighting a losing battle against the natural hair. If your goal is to get alot of length and your ends are healthy, I say hide the scirrors. If you're ready to get that much closer to natural-ness slowly start trimming. You have to make sure you've mentally prepared yourself for the shrinkage but I say the ability to effortlessly switch between straight or curly is worth it.
THESE ARTICLES ALSO HELPED ALOT
I've only reached month 14 so that's all I can say... It does get easier though trust me!
•keeping my hair up and in a baggy
•direct heat April & July (length checks)
•incorperating protien once a week
•restarting Ayurvedic tea rinses
•washing once a week
•dc'ing twice a week
I'll keep ya updated
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
GVP Conditioning Balm: Compare to Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
By: Generic Value Products
Online Price: $5.99
Sale Price: $5.00
Compare to: Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
Deeply moisturizes over-dry, damaged hair
Replenishing over-stressed hair
Provides shine, silkiness and softness Infused with botanical moisturizers to hydrate and restore dry, damaged hair.
INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwack) Extract, Methyl-2-Octynoate