Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MEET NICHI


SO I got a chance to speak to a natural with GORGEOUS hair! Meet Nichi...




CL: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN GIVING YOUR HAIR HEALTHY CARE?

I would say since 2008. In 06, I stopped relaxing my hair after noticing severe damage. I found fotki and LHCF in 2008 and ever since then have been taking care of my hair and unlearning all the years of bad practices.

CL: ARE YOU COLOR TREATED, RELAXED, NATURAL, TEXLAXED OR TRANSITIONING?

I'm 100% natural


CL: ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE HEALTH OF YOUR HAIR AS OF RIGHT NOW?

Currently, I am. Considering where I came from, it's been a long road. I was NL now I am BSL. I usually wear it natural and i love how soft it feels. It's thick, full and growing so I'm happy about everything right now.

CL: WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS (THE ONES YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT)?

I absolutely can NOT live without Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner. It absolutely melts away tangles and softens my hair so much. It's a staple that's not going anywhere soon. I also love Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat & Jason Biotin Shampoos. I believe in low manipulation, so I only use one moisturizer I make myself. It keeps my hair soft. bouncy and moisturized. I melt some shea butter and mix castor, coconut, olive and peppermint oils and whip it with a mixer. It makes a buttery, creamy spreadable hair moisturizer that my friends and I love.

CL: WHAT IS ONE WORD THAT YOU WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE YOUR HAIR.

Transformed! My hair has made a complete 180 from when I started and I dont believe it sometimes myself.

CL: HOW OFTEN DO YOU “DO” YOUR HAIR, AND WHAT DOES THIS PROCESS INVOLVE?

I co-wash (and style if needed) my hair every Thursday to begin the weekend and a full wash and deep condition on Sundays to begin the week. I part my hair in four parts and wash and detangle each section. After moisturizing each section with my shea butter mix, I either do my regular twistout or bun. I've now incorporated flexi rod sets and I love them



Pictures:

2 comments:

Britt said...

You go girl!

Lavendar said...

Oh wow! Her hair is so gorgeous. I wonder what her straight styling methods and products are?