Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Our Great Love Affair

I have been estatic beyond words these past few days about my hair!!! I've learned ALOT of valuable information over the past month and a half!!! I even found a way to wear a breakfree protective style WITH my baggy while in public its not tight and it doesnt pull!!! and it is SUPER CUTE!! it kinda looks like a bun held together with a clip instead of a rubberband... that little ponytail bun wrecked major havoc on my hair!!! and ive learned that i not only need to protect it from drying fabrics but also these frigid temps!

I love my hair again! I really do love her!!! She has made a healthly come-back on these boys!!! I've literally gotten this hair regimen down to a science thanks to this little website I found by Sistaslick one of the hair boards, much thanks goes out to her and everyone else, but she took everything I had learned, and broke it ALL the way down and made a understandble way for me to create a regimen and more importantly LISTEN to what my hair wants... I've been listening because she was screaming at me for moister... So ive changed my regimen and products completely...

I now...
Wash every 3 days with NTM CREAM LATHER, with 2 of those days being DC days alternating between Protein (MOTIONS SILK PROTEIN or CPR) and Moister, right now im using (COLORGEN THERAPY MASQUE) which did work incredibly well after 45 minutes under the dryer on medium, but i want to switch to something else that requires that same amount of instructed time, which may just be (NTM DEEP RECOVERY HAIR MASK) but the directions only say to leave it in for 3 to 5 minutes, but its getting raved reviews on Diaspora and elsewhere so I'll have to give it a try.

Im going to cut out the protien though for about 3 or 4 washes though because my hair didnt have enough moister in it and was able to be snapped intsed of stretched... I did an elastity test to prove it! I still use my baggy and BT on my scalp everynight but I've changed what goes onto my ends, which is now done twice a day, all day at work when I baggy I use a water based moisterizer & oil (NTM SILK TOUCH LEAVE-IN CREAM & OLIVE OIL) in my baggy and before bed, the same thing to keep those precious ends hydrated and to retain length. I washed last night and after dome drying, moisterizing, bunning and baggying, this morning there was no frizz, and looked cute in my protective 'do because of the thickness.

So as far as styling I rollerset or do my protective 'do! very simple and no manipulation!
Now i know me.. i know that washing twice a week ant always happen and i may not rollerset for weeks on end but this a regimen not a schedule!

This has been very fun figuring out a regimen that could work for me, and my attitude is alot better because of it im happy and so is she!!!

No comments: