Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Clairol::: Natural Instincts & Beautiful Collections Reviews

So… after wondering why I wasn’t ‘feeling’ my hair, I looked at some old pics and figured that it was the color. Near the end of 2008 I began using a colored rinse to cover up my relaxed/colored ends. I used Clairol Beautiful Collection in Dark Warm Brown. I never really kept track of how long it lasted, because it’s a rinse and I don’t think doing one every 8-10 weeks is a big deal. I couldn’t find the Beautiful Collection anywhere in this town, and after prowling the hair color section at CVS, I found this. It was the only Semi-Permanent color on the aisle, so that eased me a bit, seeing as though I don’t want to make a commitment to any color right now. Originally I wanted to go with a natural black color, but after looking at the results indicator on the top of the box, I decided against it. Just because I had never used this brand and I don’t want the color to get stuck, and if I do have to be stuck I’d rather it be with a dark brown. This made me go with Rick Darkest Brown. It has an extra step of mixing the color and a developer which I didn’t appreciate, but seeing as though my options were limited it was alright. I followed the instructions and did a braid n’ curl afterwards. My hair was shiny and soft, and today (1 week later), my hair is still very dark. This color boost was just what the doctor ordered seeing as though my natural color is kind of brassy brownish color. It makes me feel a lot better about my hair that’s for sure. I will keep this in mind for when my options are limited and there aren’t any beauty supply stores open, the Natural Instincts is sold at many drugstores that are open 24 hours. Seeing as though the weather is cooling, I think the darker color falls right in place with the season.


Back of the Bottle: Natural Instincts is enriched with a unique blend of antioxidants and vitamins C and E - it's haircolor that improves the healthy look of your hair! Your hair will radiate with rich, natural-looking color and luminescent shine.

o Rich color crème is an ammonia free crème that give you beautiful rich color in just 10 minutes.

o Last through 28 shampoos

o It's perfect for you if you are looking for:

 Rich, healthier color with brilliant shine*.

 Protection against dryness

 No visible roots!

 Natural looking gray coverage ( for up to 50% gray) for color that lasts up to six weeks

 Easy no dry, no-mess application

o Plus 6 weekly treatments of our nourishing Once a Week Color Treat™ conditioner for shiny, soft hair.

o This shade is recommended if your current color is: Dark brown-black

o For best gray coverage, choose shades with neutral tones.

o If you are not sure which shade to choose, start with a lighter shade.

o Shades that are darker than your current color will take longer than 28 shampoos to wash out.

o Enhances color and shine but does not lighten hair.

*versus the leading level 3.

Made in Mexico

Set You Back: $9

Ingredients: Creme Colorant: Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ethanolamine , Laureth-3 , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Glyceryl Stearate SE , Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate , Sodium Sulfate , Decyltetradecanol , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Beeswax , Resorcinol , Fragrance , Sodium Sulfite , Hydroxyethyl-3 , 4-Methylenedioxyaniline HCL , m-Aminophenol , Ascorbic Acid , Etidronic Acid , Hydrolyzed Keratin , 2-Methylresorcinol , Gentle Activating Creme: Water , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Lanolin Alcohol , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Fragrance , Salicylic Acid , Phosphoric Acid , Disodium Phosphate , Etidronic Acid , Once A Week Color Treat Color Conditioning Treatment: Water , Amodimethicone , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Glutamic Acid , Fragrance , Benzyl Alcohol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , EDTA , Panthenol , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond Protein , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf

Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Haircolor

Back of the Bottle: Clairol Beautiful Collection Gentle Semi-Permanent Haircolor is perfect for relaxed or textured hair. It enhances natural color, blends gray and comes in 15 gorgeous shades.

• Clairol Beautiful Collection Gentle Semi-Permanent Haircolor gives long lasting, deep conditioning results and fade-resistance. Contains Aloe Vera and vitamin E for superior conditioning.

• All tones are excellent for refreshing color treated hair.

• No ammonia formula allows use immediately after relaxers

Set You Back: $6

Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, HC Blue No.2, HC Red No.3, Disperse Blue 377, Disperse Black 9, HC Yellow No.2, Disperse Violet 1, HC Orange No.1, HC Red No.1, HC Yellow No.4, Yellow 6, Disperse Blue 3.,

Directions: For longer lasting results or enhancing gray, cover with a plastic bag and process Clairol Beautiful Collection Gentle Semi-Permanent Haircolor under a warm dryer for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then rinse.

No comments: