Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Nexxus Emergencée Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor


I started using this for my protein treatments after I became EXTREMELY frustrated with Mendex Hair Repair Treatment not being available on the ground (larger sizes). After reading tons of reviews I decided to just try the Emergencee. The reviews I read got the best results by not following the instructions to the T and I followed suite. I clarified my hair (I love to do this when I really need a clean slate), so the treatment could fully work. Applied the treatment in sections and sat under a dryer to allow the treatment to get hard. I used to use Aphogee 2 Step so I knew this hardening process very well, and I was comfortable with it. After it dried I deep conditioned with Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask for about 30 minutes. The directions also don’t mention anything about a DC but I suggest there not even being a question about it…. YOUHAVE TO USE A MOISTURIZING DC AFTER A PROTEIN TREATMENT! If not your hair will break off something serious. After rinsing the treatment your hair will be crisp. I don’t even bother with real parting to apply the DC because I don’t want to risk any breakage. After this treatment my hair is ready to face the most beastly of heat tools, so I usually do them every 4-6 weeks in the winter when I flatiron a lot, and a lot less in the summer when I rock more texture styles.


Back of the Bottle: unsurpassed in repairing and strengthening hopelessly damaged hair. Emergencée is unmatched in stopping hair breakage. This exceptional formulation contains a renewing blend of Polymers, Elastins, Amino Acids and Collagen, creating an internal framework within the hair shaft to restore integrity. Use once every two weeks to structurally reinforce hair that has been chemically damaged or abused by thermal styling appliances. Each treatment will dramatically improve hair's health, condition and shine.

Set You Back: $20

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Directions: Shampoo with shampoo for hair type. Apply an ample amount of Emergencee to completely cover the hair. Work through. Leave on for 1-2 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Shampoo with Therappe Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo and follow with Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling. Emergencee is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to chemical services.

No comments: