Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I NEED PROTIEN

So I realized that as of late my hair just has not been feeling the way it normally does, Ive also been getting alot more breakage than usual. My fave protein treatment is not available in the stores near my house, and I always forget to get it when I go to Sallys so I've been without it for awhile. After scouring the net last night, I decided to go with Nexxus Emergencee.

• Washed with Redken Real Control Shampoo
• Rinsed
• Applied Nexxus Emergencee
• Sat under soft bonnet dryer until it dried
• Rinsed
• Applied Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Mask
• Steamed for 30 minutes under soft bonnet dryer

After rinsing the Emergencee from my hair, I could immediately feel a difference! The product doesn't get rock hard like Aphogee, it isn't runny and smelly either. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and I will add this to my staple products.

PLEASE REMEMBER!
• Hair is 98% Keratin (protein) and 2% water

•Chemical services and heat usage breaks down, and damages your hair, so it needs to be replaced in order to keep your hair strong enough to withstand day to day damage.

• You better have a damned good MOISTURIZING Deep Conditioner to balance your hair back out. If this isn't done, you'll have hard hair that snaps off VERY easily. Not a pretty sight.

• If your hair is already snapping off very easily go for a MOISTURE DEEP CONDITIONER first. Your breakage may very well be from moisture deficiency.

•When starting to take better care of your hair, pay attention to what your hair really needs at the time. You aren't going to need an intense protein every time, you may only need a mild protein, or even moisture. Start on the mild side and assess your needs from
there

•Protein overload can be a nightmare to correct (or so I've read), so it's best to find out just how much protein your hair can handle for jumping straight into uncertain waters.

RELAXED LADIES:

Protein is especially important for you hotties! You should use a protein TREATMENT 1 week before your relaxer. This will help you experience less breakage at relaxer time.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
INTENSE:

• Roux Mendex Hair Repair Treatment
• Aphogee 2 Step Treatment for Damaged Hair
• Eggs

MILD:
• Mane and Tail Conditioner

LEAVE IN:
• Infuisum 23

No comments: